Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Abomination that is The War Z

Hello guys, I am back. I haven't been doing much other than just a variety of things. Some World of Warcraft here, watching Netflix there. I've gotten into League of Legends recently as well while temporarily shelving my Warhammer 40k project. But question is, what brings me back to the blog? Well, as stated, the abomination of a game called The War Z. I'm sure many have at this point heard of all the scuttlebutt regarding the abomination, I'm not gonna repeat everything. I've come across a post that very concisely puts everything together regarding it.
  http://themittani.com/features/war-z-lesson-greed

One thing I do want to comment on is, RHINOCRUNCH, nailed it on the head regarding this... thing. He may have been a bit on the rage side toward it therefore many put him off as a DayZ fanboy rager. But the fact is, he has been dead on regarding the game. He said it 4 months ago and he basically was saying everything that I was seeing in this abomination as well. But I also want to point to another video, one that more calmly looks at everything and points out what is wrong and where the Devs of this shit had been lying.

I also came across this on The Shit Z steam community page(yes, sadly it is back on Steam) and is something that supposedly Sergey Titov the man behind all this had sad on their own forums.
EDIT: Actual link to the forums. http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?92204-Interview-asking-DDOS-Attacker-to-stop/page2

I'm not going to comment on whole DDOS thing, but since my name was mentioned here, I'll probably will say a few words - to our players, not to this guy.

1) Unfortunately it's not just up to me to decide when and how things will be done. Until recently I've been public face of the project, so I can understand why some people are associate project with me personally, and not people who's making game and operating/publishing it. Okay I'll say that - yes I deserve some of the ♥♥♥♥ that I'm getting personally for being bad communicator.

2) I agree that few features that have been promised in 2012 are still not yet delivered - and in my personal list Server Rentals goes under number one. I'm trying to push dev guys hard as I can for them to complete this feature ASAP. Saying that - unfortunately I do not posses as much power as players want to believe. Still here's my list of features that are important for a game that are still not available to public :
- Gameworld server rentals
- Stronghold servers and maps
- Leaderboards
As for this guy in a interview - unfortunately I personally CAN'T produce "proof" of the features being developed, I can only as a shareholder of Hammerpoint can say I know they're being worked on. But it's up to development leads/team is to decide if they want to show anything until it's done or not.

3) Unfortunately DDOS attacks are not helping anyone. Here's why - instead of spending time developing game, resources including MONEY will be spent on making sure that we'll have infrastructure in place to withstand them. This will delay release of the features. More importantly - people who actually vote what to do with a game in a future ( and that's not just me unfortunately ) will take this under consideration. 
A lot of people are pointing at #3 and reading between the lines where they are basically saying with that last line that the future of this crap is questionable.

MY THOUGHTS? This game is dead, it IS AND ALWAYS WAS A CASH GRAB! They made tons of money and now that they have gotten such flak for their BULLSHIT LYING TACTICS they are just doing damage control while they work on dropping the game altogether using DDOS attacks as a scapegoat.

Backing up to the days of the Steam fiasco 2 interviews popped up with this Sergey Titov.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html
 This first one was before the shit was taken off steam and fixed and put back on, but they called Sergey out and the whole time you could see as he refuses to take responsibility and instead place blame on the consumers for misinterpreting everything.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/the-war-z-interview-sergey-titov-backlash/
Then there's the response days after, which first things first, doesn't even sound like it's from Sergey who speaks a broken english. Second, they finally mention taking responsibility, but not once, did they even apologize for it. All that is said during this is that  we were wrong, but this shitty game is still so great and we are awesome so come back. At that point I honestly felt that they needed to truly apologize for everything and maybe even admit that this started as a cash grab and they want to turn it around and put in a true effort.But they won't ever do that because that isn't their goal.

Honestly folks, they charge for the alpha, then they turn around and throw in-game transactions and charge for instant revivals and other crap that you easily lose once you die.  How is it NOT a cash grab. So anyways, to those out there still reading, if you bought into this shit, I'm truly sorry but you got scammed. This crap Z isn't going anywhere and will be nothing but a memory and hopefully a lesson to all regarding what you put your money into regarding alphas and betas. 


ALSO: I was browsing The Crap Z forums and came across a thread regarding their Survey methods.
http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?90901-Survey-for-warz-really
Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ 
So in other words,
The people that stopped playing and are waiting untill you FIX IT can't vote on your survey unless they read this thread and start their game up.Smart move, get all the fanboys on a survey and publish the numbers.
Not exactly.

1) It's clear that if you have PLAYED game and stopped playing it - your vote will be 1.

2) We really want to know feedback from users who CONTINUE to play game. this is a reason we do not advertise this survey. It's open to public, it's not to hard to find if needed.But our goal is to get rating by our players first.

3) at the end - we're making game for our fanboys. I don't know if it's hard to understand, but yes - we want to keep our fanboys happy. Yes it'll be awesome to convert as many people as we can into being our fanboys, but at same time we should recognise that it's impossible task.


Sergey Titov
Executive Producer
The War Z
This was on page 4, the italics being Sergeys response. I'd like to take note they only care about getting surveys from people who haven't quit their game and are still currently playing the game despite how shitty it is. He got called out for only caring about  their "fanboys" numbers and not the whole community in general. Which basically confirms what I already suspected when I read somewhere that Sergey stated something like 90+% love the game. With his biased surveys and all the bannings regarding negative naysayers disabling their ability to participate in such surveys, yeah, I see how you can get those numbers.

ALSO ALSO: This Sergey is an ass, and through all this has disrespected the gaming community believing all of us to mindless idiots ready to eat whatever shit he shovels out in front of us. Hoorah to those out there speaking out against The Crap Z and Sergey Titov..

No comments:

Post a Comment